Thursday, June 9, 2011

Robert Frost poem Voice Ways

Current mood:pensive


I picked up 2 books of poetry and works by Robert Frost. I open one and my eyes fell on a poem called "Voice Ways" I read it and thought I got it but as I reread it I'm not so sure . Oddly enough it's not clear.
           Is there a connection between poems and songwriting ? between art and music? Do we need "art"? If so where do I fit in? Am I writing songs that very few will hear or enjoy? Am I wasting my precious time? There are moments that I do enjoy when I'm creating and I sometimes marvel at what comes of my"art" but it also doesn't pay much right now.........I'm hoping to achieve complete "musical freedom" someday but up till now I've been chasing  commercial success or the "hit" song......anyways I can 't seem to find any fiction books that I like to read , so I go to poetry in hopes of elevation , insight and something "new".
           Robert Frost says in this poem "Voice Ways", "Some things are never clear..."